Scholarship Application Procedure
There are two kinds of scholarships in Osaka University.
A. One with a recommendation from Osaka Univ. (Interview required by CIA (Center for International Affairs).
* Please confirm about "University recommendation"
B. One that you apply directly to the foundation (No interview on campus).
A. If you apply for the one with a recommendation from Osaka Univ., hand in the documents as below to CIA office
The document you need to hand in every time.
The documents you need to hand in once in every academic year
② Applicant data
Submit the new document when you enter the course or advance to the new grade.
(For those starting his/her academic year from April, the application data should be renewed after April. For those staring his/her academic year from October, it should be renewed after October.)
③ List of publications・Description of research field
④ Official transcript from Osaka Univ. (Or your old school).
⑤ Notification of Acceptance in a new degree program.
(Research student who passed the entrance exam for the graduate school.)
B. If you apply directly to the foundation, apply individually. If we have information about scholarships that apply directly to the foundation, we will post it at KOAN Bulletin Board. We don’t inform by e-mail. Please pay attention to the KOAN Bulletin Board.
[ Please be careful with the following points. ]
- Make sure that you have your supervisor’s comments and sign on your applicant data (Form 1).
- You must update your transcript when renewed.
The list of publications or the description of research (Form 2) can be updated and submitted anytime to the CIA office.
- Make sure that you are the RIGHT applicant for the foundation every time before you submit the application form.
- Before applying, please make sure that you are not elected as a university recommender for other non-co-paid scholarships at that time.
- You CANNOT cancel the scholarship once you have a recommendation from Osaka University
- If you want to know information on scholarships for international students that was provided during the 2020 academic year at the Center for International Affairs, contact to our office.
- Once you are selected as a candidate, a CIA staff will correct the final application for you. You can submit our approved version. Detailed will be announced.
Document you need to hand in every time:
Documents you need to hand in once in every academic year
(For those starting the academic year in April, your submitted document is valid until March 31 next year. For those starting the academic year in October, your submitted document is valid until September 31 next year.)
Applicant data (Form 1)
Japanese version (Word)
English version (Word)
- Official transcript(s) from Osaka University and/or your old school(s).
- First-year undergraduate students
- none (spring term)
transcript from spring term (fall term)
- Second- to fourth-year undergraduate students
- All of your undergraduate transcripts
- Research Students
- Transcript from your old school
- Master's course students
- Your Master's course transcript (If not available, your undergraduate course transcript)
- Doctoral course students
- Your doctoral course transcript (If not available, your Master's course transcript)
Notification of Acceptance to Osaka University (when applicable)
Please be careful with the following points.
* Make sure that you have your supervisor's comments and signature on your applicant data (Form 1).
* If you wish to update the list of publications or the description of research (Form 2), you can modify these at any time during the semester and submit the updated version to the C.I.A. office.
* Make sure that you are the right applicant for the foundation every time before you submit the application form.
* ONCE YOU HAVE A RECOMMENDATION FROM OSAKA UNIVERSITY, YOU CANNOT CANCEL THE SCHOLARSHIP.。
- The video for the interview (folloing to the guideline of each scholarship infomation)
- Aplication forms of the foudations( follwiing to the guideline of each scholarship infomation)
Tuition Fee Exemption
If you have difficulty paying the tuition fee and also meet the minimal academic criteria, you can apply for a tuition fee exemption and/or enrollment fee exemption.
If you are selected, you will be exempted from all or part of the tuition/enrollment fee.
Please do not assume that your application will be automatically approved; the number of accepted applicants has declined over the past few years.
- Application Deadline
Spring Semester: The end of March
Fall Semester: The end of September
Honors Scholarship by JASSO
Honors Scholarships to privately financed international students have been provided by JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization).
Graduate students: 48,000 yen /month
Undergraduate students: 48,000 yen /month
- 12 months (From April to March)
- Application Procedure
Your department office will provide notification.
Please pay attention to the KOAN Bulletin Board.
The application period should be in mid-to-late April every year.